class

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Monkeyin' around...

For Brooke's birthday we made the yummiest discovery ever.  Pizza Monkey Bread.
It's fun to make and delicious to eat.  I don't usually do recipes, but this would be a great over-Christmas-break-we're-bored-and-hungry kind of meal...
 I rolled out some pizza dough (you can make it yourself or cheat like me, and buy it pre-made at Winco...) and cut it into about 2 inch squares.
Layer on a piece of pepperoni and a little cube of mozzarella cheese.  
 Pinch it all together, so the toppings are sealed inside.
Now this is where I forgot to take pictures...  But I'll tell you about it anyway....  Dip the finished dough balls in melted garlic butter (I also added some italian seasoning to the butter) and throw them in a bunt pan.  We did 24 in the bunt pan and then another 24 in two bread pans and they both worked fine.  Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.  Tear off a bite of heaven and dip it in marinara sauce...  Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment