class

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Mother's Day Crunch

Some people get breakfast in bed on Mother's Day.  This year I got something extra special...
I was lying on my bed reading over my lesson for church and Tom came in.  I was moving to make room for him and he flung himself  laid back on the bed.  Somehow, the back of his head met the front of mine at a high rate of speed.  We both heard this horrible "crack".  I leaned over, not quite able to see yet and proceeded to bleed all over our bed.  Awesome.  I totally broke my nose.  It's still swollen, has a lump on the right and leans gently to the left now.  But I can breathe through both sides of my nose for the first time in years.  Cheaper than another nose surgery, right?  It's going to be hard for Tom top this next Mother's Day...


 But I really do love being a mother.  More than anything.  It's been a road getting here, but I wouldn't change my life for anything.  Too bad we didn't take any pictures of me and my beautiful children on Mother's Day.  So instead you get a couple of us on vacation...



2 comments:

  1. A nose job for Mother's Day! Great thing to put on your wish list! Not a great delivery tho!! Hope it keeps your deviated septum from deviating!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gives new meaning to "crunch time"...

    ReplyDelete